Thursday, February 26, 2009

The best way to save money on groceries!!

www.grocerysmarts.com

This is the website I've been using to make my grocery lists for the last 6 months. I spend waaaaaaay less than I did at Walmart and I almost always buy the top name brands. I have a whole collection of stuff in my basement that I either got FREE or paid less than a dollar or 50 cents for. I was getting 5 sunday newspapers and pulling the coupon flyers out and dating the front of them and then just filing them. Then right before going grocery shopping I pull this webpage up on the internet and look at what's on sale at Smith's or Albertsons. Whichever one has the best deals is the store I went to that week. Usually its Albertsons. Then I look on the webpage and see what items I want how good a deal it is (I usually only get the best deals unless I really need something) and if there's a coupon for it. If there is I go to my filing box and pull out the coupons for that week (the website tells you what weeks paper it was in) and I only clip what I want.

I've told my mom and my cousin and they've started shopping the reg grocery store sales (not Walmart) But they can't use GrocerySmarts since its a website for just Utah, Nevada, and I think Idaho as well. So my mom liked the idea of getting stuff cheaper than walmart sooo much that she set up a coupon class in her ward (she's the relief society president) She got me in contact with someone in her ward who's a serious bargian hunter. She sent me a whole list of websites I can use:

www.thegrocerygame.com---the same thing as grocerysmarts.com but you have to pay and unlike grocerysmarts.com you can use it anywhere in the US

Printable coupons:

www.couponsurfer.com

www.valpak.com

www.grocerysmarts.com

www.coupons.smartsource.com

www.couponcabin.com

www.grocerycouponsusa.com

http://www.freeflys.com/MoreFreeSamples.php

http://site.vocalpoint.com/guest/index.html


Sites to actually order coupons:

www.thecouponmaster.com

www.thecouponclippers.com


Good info resources:

www.couponing.about.com

www.momsneedtoknow.com

http://melissascouponingdealsgetstarted.blogspot.com/2008/10/2-more-ways-to-get-coupons.html

I like the idea of ordering the coupons because you can get 50 of one coupon if you see an item that would be free with the sale and the coupon. I actually just cancelled my newspapers. They had just upped them to 20 dollars a month (I know I was saving 5 times that on my monthly grocery bill) but with this new method I'll save even more and I won't have to deal with the annoyance of 5 newspapers being spread all over my house every Sunday. Also I won't be throwing anything away. Last month I threw away a huge stack of coupon flyers that were all expired that I NEVER used!


6 comments:

Katie said...

Hey Cindy! Look how grown up everyone is!! That's crazy! Where are you all now? We're in Hawaii, been here a little over a year - had a baby girl last July :) almost 8 months...it goes so fast! Are you still singing? Hope all is well!

Jenny said...

Hey that's cool. Thanks for all of the info

Nichole said...

hey girl i am glad i am not the only one that does that. i use at least four of those sites and i love them. hope all is well

Kara said...

Cindy,
There is also couponmom.com
Kara

Sara said...

Couponmom.com is one I've been checking too. Have you tried the grocery game? I'm doing a 4 week trial for a $1 to see if it is worth it. Just wondering if you had any success with it. So I don't need newspapers after all!! That's a relief!

Sara said...

You have to check this site out:
http://www.southernsavers.com/getting-started-guides/how-to-cvs/

Especially that article! Have you tried CVSing? It's crazy how you can save there!!! Check it out!