Sunday, March 15, 2009

Where I grew up



I miss Tennessee in the spring. I love going back in May especially because that's when everything is the most lush and green. My 6 brothers and sisters and I had the best childhood running through the 8 acres of woods, build forts (or pretend homes for the girls)I remember going to our HUGE garden (my dad always gets carried away with the planting)to plant, weed, and finally pick the fresh veggies. We'd go outside in early July and we could find wild blackberries everywhere...even in the flowerbeds where they'd snuck in. I love the smell of the trees and the leaves decaying on the ground. Mmmm so woodsy. I guess I'm feeling a bit homesick and ready for spring at the moment.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Awww. It does sound soooo nice. I can hardly wait for the warmer months. Beautiful home. So nice that your parents still live in the same home for so many years that you're able to go 'back home' whenever you go visit them now.