Got so much done yesterday, Very inspiring work training meeting, quick smoothie at McDonald's, then off to my niece's 4th birthday party at the gymnastics place, then Becca and I headed to a local grocery store to sell Girl Scout cookies with her troop.
After that we came home and worked on fixing stuff in our house with Jared's brother Cameron until 11pm. We got the basement taped and mudded, the entryway light so that it will at least turn on with one of the light switches, some of the baseboards caulked, the piano leg fixed, the backsplash sealed in the kitchen so that its shiny now, and Becca's bedroom's old beat up baseboards removed.
We made 3 trips to Lowe's, and on the last one we picked out a stain for the twins beds. We went with a red oak stain, and then we picked out a paint color for our basement. The only thing we could agree on was the same exact color that we have upstairs. I'm getting tired of it but at least I know it won't look horrible. I want to put down the same carpet down there that we have up here. Its going to look so great with freshly painted walls and brand new carpet. I'm a little bummed that the ceilings are so crappy. Someone put ceiling tiles up and several of them are damaged. There are some ghetto things going on with the closet lights down there too that we'll have to fix. Other than that there's just minor things like putting in baseboards and maybe replacing some doors.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your house is going to look awesome. Definitely post pictures with your finished product. Miss you guys.
Post a Comment