Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Baby bunnies where are you?

Our rabbit is just about to have her babies and its been snowing outside all day and isn't supposed to stop until Monday! I'm so worried about her and those little babies freezing out in the cold. She pulled her fur out today and burrowed down in the wood shavings that I put in her nesting box. Her pile of pulled out fur goes about four inches deep. I felt around in there this morning to see if she already had babies in there, but there was nothing but fur so far. I checked later on and still nothing. She has a hutch with a roof and three walls that are covered with wood but I still draped a blanket and a tarp over her cage to keep the wind out. I wish I could bring the entire thing inside but I don't have a cage big enough that's set up for an indoor rabbit that can still fit the nesting box. By the end of next week it should be getting up to 60 degrees and hopefully they will stay warm in the nesting box until then.

No comments: