Sunday, January 10, 2010

What's been going on lately

Jared is applying to masters programs all over the U.S. right now. It's crazy how time consuming it is for him to get all of the applications filled out, and then send in all the other things they want like letters of recommendation, curriculum vita (like a resume but more intense and longer)and letters of intent. He's applying to Universities in Kansas, Arizona, Utah, Georgia, and Idaho. Basically he just did some intense research on which schools have his program (Public Administration) and which are the best in the nation, the closest, and a safe school he's pretty much guaranteed to get into. He hasn't had much time to work on this stuff because he's been working so much overtime with the job Jason gave him supervising in the warehouse. This past month we were both sick with strep. I got it before Christmas, got on medicine, it cleared up and as soon as my medicine was all gone I started slowing getting a sore throat again, and Jared started coming down with strep as well. He ended up being out a couple of days from work and he got some extra time to work on these applications. It's nice to be feeling better and hopefully when my antibiotics are done this time I won't come back again!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I definitely hope you both feel better very soon. Oh, and I am now really hoping for Georgia - you'll be closer to me. Woo Hoo!

mikensi said...

smokes! jimmy was accepted to that same program at byu! we lost our $200 deposit, though, because he is an officer select and we didn't want to pay for a semester or two while we wait for orders. good luck, jared!

Melissa Smith said...

No applications in Seattle? Portland? It would be very cool if you guys lived nearby - then Mom would be more interested in visiting up here!