Monday, February 11, 2008

From my letter to Brian

Here's an excerpt from a letter that I recently wrote to my brother on his mission in Sweden. I thought it would make a cool post.

We have a new house here in Utah that we are moving into. It has 6 bedrooms and its huge, but we got it for really cheap. We are planning on totally redoing it. We are repainting and putting down new carpet and vinyl. We will have new light fixtures, new faucets, new sinks, toilets, the shower walls above the toilet is really old looking so we are replacing that as well. We won't be moving in until most of that stuff is done though. I told Jared that I wouldn't mind moving in to camp out there with the kids while I paint though, but then we'd come back here until the rest is done. We are going to put in a kitchen in the downstairs to make it like another apartment. We are thinking about maybe renting it out down there, but probably we won't have enough space upstairs to be able to do that. Right now we are living in the Hale's basement and its really nice down here. We have our own kitchen that's pretty much brand new we have 3 bedrooms and a bathroom with a shower. Jared came out here first because the kids were sick and I had to stay at mom's for a while, then he flew back to Atlanta and we drove out here. The trip was actually a lot of fun. We went through Kansas and then through Denver and up through Vail. The snow was so pretty. I love it here too. We have so much snow and the past couple of days is really the first time that its started melting at all. I was so scared the kids were going to be awful for the trip, but they were so good. Becca loved it so much. She got all kinds of her favorite snacks and got to go to McDonalds everyday and she just watched movies all day long. But every night when we'd get to our hotel all the kids would get soooo excited because they knew they would get a break from the car for a long time. The twins would run all over the hotel room and explore everything. We got here the day before Jared's parents were flying out to their mission in Africa. We got to see Jason and Minjee pretty much right away too. It was soo good to see them.

5 comments:

The Smiths said...

Hi-we are in Tooele. Have been here for 1 1/2 years. Dean is at the recruiting station in West Valley as the admin. chief. email me at jill8453@msn.com

Krissie said...

Hey congrats on the house. I was just thinking about you today and was wondering how you were doing and if you got a house or anything yet. Glad to hear you are doing good! Congrats on the new house!

Shauna said...

Ya the house sounds awesome (or at least it will be awesome). Post pictures!

Shauna said...

Hi Cindy - I just tried emailing you but it was returned. Did you get a new email address? Anyway, we are getting ready to sell our house and I was wondering who you used for your realtor in Jacksonville? Did you go through USAA? What % did they charge to sell your home? Hope things are going well!

Jessica said...

you have been tagged check out my blog for rules