I've been in Utah since Aug 27th. Its been more than interesting sharing a room with Becca AND the twins. I have been able to see tons of old friends thanks to my sister who was out of town and left me her car for a few days. It feels like I've been in Provo about half my time here. When Melissa came back to Utah she and I went down to Provo for our friend Ellery's 23rd birthday. We went shopping in both the mall in Orem and Provo and I got a new shirt (its reallya dress that was too short to wear without pants), necklace, two pairs of shoes, a gold metallic belt. And somehow after all that I only spent $40! Yay. It helped that the belt was only $2 and one of the pairs of shoes was only $3 . Thursday Melissa's boyfriend flew in from Victoria, Canada and after MONTHS of hearing about this guy I finally got to meet him. He's a great guy and not too bad looking. I'll have to dig up a picture of them together for all you nosy people out there. Today I used my ionic blowdryer instead of my flat iron and wow it makes a huge difference on how shiny my hair is. Last night I went to the Utah State Fair with Jared and our kids, his parents and brother Cameron, my sister Melissa and her boyfriend Ritchie, and one of his friends from Victoria. It was so fun. Becca got to see lots of animals, and got to pretend she worked on a farm picking tomatoes and feeding a cow. It was all pretend stuff, but she was taking it very seriously. All I had was my camera phone so I'll have to see if I can text those pictures to the internet. Jared's parents took the kids home and we got to stay and watch the rodeo. Ellery and her friend showed up near the end of the rodeo just in time to see a cowboy get squished by this giant bull and the EMTs running out to save him. Since that had ended the rodeo we walked around the fair looking for deep fried twinkies. Instead we got a huge turkey leg and Ellery got a funnel cake that we all helped her eat. It was the best funnel cake I'd ever had. I'm going to see Pirates of the Carribbean 3 today by myself while Jared watches the twins and Becca. It's supposed to start in a half hour and they aren't back from the temple yet. Unfortunately Becca discovered where her grandma keeps the popsicles and she keeps thinking she's going to have them for lunch. I guess its time for me to get off the computer and feed her.
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment